It seems like forever since I last did a meme. With all of the other things I have to do, this is an indulgence in pure procrastination and a little nostalgia. Plus, I can't say no to Jen who tagged me. So instead of contemplating the tomato scare or the protests in South Korea over American beef imports, here is something decidedly lighter...
What was I doing ten years ago?
- Ten years ago today, I was celebrating my first anniversary of ordination to the transitional diaconate.
- Playing lots of tennis, running lots and preparing for my first Women's Quest retreat.
- Learning how to grow herbs and spinach on my shady apartment balcony.
- Working on the restoration of a small family chapel in Pennsylvania.
- Oh yeah, I was living in Johnson City in the Southern Tier (outside of Binghamton, NY)
are were five non-work things on my to-do list for today?
- Hour-long spinning class
- Create mileage plan for the Boilermaker Race--just a month away!
- Weed raised beds at both Dorset Harvest Farm and Seeds of Grace gardens.
- Hair conditioning treatment at Salon 100
Five snacks I enjoy:
- Tierra Farms honey-glazed cashews
- Lara Bars--Cashew Cookie flavor
- apple slices with almond butter
- Upstate Harvest Granola
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Restore the tower of Grace Episcopal Church
- Endow a scholarship fund for African American women to attend Smith College
- Create a foundation to fund hunger relief projects around the world
- Purchase a home in Asheville, NC for mom.
- Buy a house in Portland, Oregon decked out with my dream kitchen.
Places I’ve lived (in no particular order):
- Syracuse, NY
- Brooklyn, NY
- Berkeley, CA
- Morristown, NJ
- Northampton, MA
Jobs I’ve had:
- foot messenger
- environmental and social policy research associate
- conditions inspector in the registrar's department of the Cooper-Hewitt Museum
- reporter for college paper (covering science and the alternative music scene)
…and the food blogger twist on this meme...
Food related books on my wishlist:
- Blue Eggs and Yellow Tomatoes
- Secret ingredients: The New Yorker Book of Food and Drink
- Outstanding in the Field: A Farm to Table Cookbook
- Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life
- The Taste of Place: A Cultural Journey into Terroir
I won't tag anyone but if you feel inspired consider yourself tagged! Coming soon: Guest Blogger Marty Butts on Syracuse's Empire Brewery.
Archive Alert: On this date in 2007 I was cooking up a risotto dish on Food for Thought on WCNY TV.